Dr Caroline Gibson
Dr Gibson MBChB DFSRH MCRGP(2012) DipBSLM/IBLM MInstLM is an experienced GP with nearly 20 years’ experience of working in the NHS, she has a special interest in Lifestyle Medicine and is also a qualified coach, health coach and coaching supervisor.
Dr Gibson’s experience includes:
• Over 10 years’ service in general practice in primary care in the North East
• Post-graduate diploma in Lifestyle medicine, experienced in helping people use lifestyle measures to treat, prevent and reverse disease
• ILM level 5 certificate in coaching & mentoring & Diploma in transformational coaching. 2 year’s experience providing support and mentoring to over 150 coaches working across the NEY region in the ARRS roles in primary care. Supporting coaches to maximise their potential through learning and
self-development and connecting to facilitate shared learning across systems. Providing support to system leaders to facilitate uptake and integration of coaching roles.
• Experience of providing both clinical supervision and professional coaching supervision for both individual and groups across the NEY region. Provision and facilitation of regular peer supervision networks and regional learning events.
• Currently working clinically as: Clinical lead for the Long-COVID service, County Durham and Darlington, NHS Foundation Trust; Sessional GP work for Primary Healthcare Darlington.
• Other roles include: GP Mentor for GP Fellowship doctors, Health Education England; UK Physical Activity Clinical Champion, Office for Health Inequalities and Disparities; Director at Wellbeing Doctor UK Ltd.