Unlock Your Potential with Exclusive Training Packages by KERA Consultancy Ltd.
Unlock the door to your full potential with our comprehensive and exclusive training packages at KERA Consultancy Ltd. We offer a wide range of specialized courses designed to enhance your skills and knowledge in various fields. From care navigation training to obtaining a Level 3 Social Prescribing Qualification, we have you covered. Our NENC Training Products and Coaching Supervision sessions are also designed to empower you with valuable insights and tools. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to unlock new opportunities and elevate your expertise. Sign up for our newsletter today to stay updated on the latest news and offerings. Let us guide you towards success and growth. Join us at KERA Consultancy Ltd. and take your journey to the next level.
Care Navigation Training Package for NHS Place
- Using our tried and tested approach, our core requirement for our Care Navigation Training packages include, developing your DoS and using the DoS pathways in your bespoke training programme for your whole PCN or NHS place.
- Using our tried and tested approach we will ensure we have specific pathways to train your reception team to use following the training. This will form the basis of a PCN or place wide DoS incorporating anything you have locally collated. We will guide you through developing a DoS, based on our standardised approach. There will be a need to revisit this DoS from time to time provide a training support offer for one lead trainer at the PCN or can increase this based on number of PCNs required in each NHS place. We will include an additional reception training session 6-12 months in the future to support a sustainable model.
- Our training packages are designed to give you the full benefits of the tried and tested approach and we are keen for the training to be sustainable so believe in investing in one of your local staff members. The teach back and mentoring sessions ensures any new starters are properly trained 6-12 months after the initial training has been completed, and helps your local trainer gain confidence in delivering regular training updates i.e. when new services come online and the DoS is updated.
- For the training to be sustainable we suggest this local person be a keen reception care navigator/team leader or someone with experience of training in the PCN, ideally with knowledge of care navigation systems and processes. We can help you identify someone as we progress through the package, as there will often be people who shines and stand out as ideal for this position. You may already have someone in mind.
- Reception training would normally take place after the clinician and engagement session so that as many as possible of the PCN team or NHS place understands their role in Care Navigation. The clinician and engagement session is a recommended part of the package and could be planned into a PLT event.
Level 3 Social Prescribing Qualification
- At KERA Consultancy Ltd., we are proud to offer three units on the Level 3 Social Prescribing Qualification
- This comprehensive program equips healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to support patients in navigating the complex healthcare system. There are no specific requirements to study for these qualification but it would be an advantage for learners to have access to a relevant working environment or simulated working environment (Health Care, Social Care, and Voluntary Community Social Enterprise sector). The Level 3 Certificate in Social Prescribing is aimed primarily at those working within or looking to move to a role where elements of social prescribing are used as part of their work. Join us in becoming a social prescribing expert by enquiring here Social Prescribing Qualification
Webinars: Social Models of Mental Health
- Welcome to KERA Consultancy Ltd.! We specialize in providing knowledge to guide patients through the complex healthcare system.
- Format 1.5-2 hours Teams
- Understand the problem we are trying to solve
- Theoretical frameworks
- Best practice resources and guidance
- Practical examples involving personalised care roles
- Breakout room discussion
- Learner engagement and virtual facilitation tools – menti meter and session survey
- With our online webinar programme for upto 100 leanrers per event, you can ensure an interactive leanring experience such as our speclist support for peronslied care roles working with patients who have Anxiety/ Depression or Mental Health Concerns
- Learning outcomes
- Understand the importance and impact of mental health conditions.
- Understand how to recognise and screen for mental health conditions.
- Understand the importance of Lifestyle factors in Mental Health
- Understand and describe risk assessment, self-harm and suicide prevention for frontline primary care staff
- Describe the benefits of a personalised care approach for people with mental health conditions.
- Describe examples of a personalised care approach for people with mental health conditions
- We always identify resources and further support.
- Join our experienced team and benefit from the guidance of our Managing Director David Cowan, Business Development Manager Kate Pearce, and Associate Clinical Lead Dr. Caroline Gibson.
Coaching Supervision led by Qualified Coaches
- At KERA Consultancy Ltd., we believe in investing in people and creating sustainable environments and retinaining our workforce. Every Health Coach shoudl be able to access supervision monthly.
- What is the need for supervision?
- Health Coaches are a non-clinical ARRS role in primary care, providing expertise in behaviour change and support to patients who have (or are at risk of) long term conditions.
- Health coaches need 3 distinct, different types of supervision and support, as described in the Workforce Development Framework for HWbC:
- Good supervision arrangements for health and wellbeing coaches are crucial to ensure they practice safely and effectively. There are three types of supervision that health and wellbeing coaches should receive:
- line management support and supervision – day-to-day practical management, HR functions, appraisal etc.
- supervision from a clinician – for clinical queries arising from interactions with patients and safeguarding support etc.
- health coaching supervision – specific support and development of coaching skills and techniques and reflective practice.
- Health coaching supervision and continuing professional development
- Recommended frequency: Individual health coaching supervision – one to two hours per month.
- Group health coaching supervision also recommended as a supplementary development opportunity.
- provided by person experienced in health coaching (minimum tier 3 practitioner)
- support ongoing personal and professional development
- focus on developing the skills, competencies and confidence of the health and wellbeing coach in health coaching approaches and practice, and working through dynamics and issues with individual clients.
- Where organisations commission health and wellbeing coaches via a third party arrangement, for example, through a voluntary sector or other partner, supervision arrangements should be agreed as part of the commissioning arrangement to ensure that appropriate supervision is in place.
- Health and wellbeing coaches should be able to discuss patient related concerns and be supported to follow appropriate safeguarding procedures (for example, abuse, domestic violence and support with mental health) with a senior member of staff. Regardless of the setting the health and wellbeing coaches works in, it should be clear who they need to speak to in the first instance about any patient-related concerns.
-  https://www.england.nhs.uk/long-read/workforce-development-framework-for-health-and-wellbeing-coaches/